Freelance Search Engine Marketing (SEM/PPC) Consultant, Chicago, Illinois
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
• Build & manage strategic paid search (Google & Bing) campaigns with multiple conversion points, e-commerce tracking (ROAS reporting), dynamic call tracking, & custom reporting.
• Create & target paid search campaigns to specific audiences using custom event tagging via Google Tag Manager (GTM) and remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA).
• Build & manage display network campaigns using remarketing lists, managed placements, affinity audiences, & more.
• Develop search engine optimization (SEO) strategies including: creating & implementing meta-titles, descriptions, page headings, & customized structured data (schema.org).
Paid Social Media Marketing
• Develop integrated marketing campaigns to share specific messages across search & social platforms.
• Create & optimize ad campaigns targeted to custom audiences based on client CRM data & other email/contact lists provided.
• Develop strategies to engage specific audiences using CRM data and custom event tagging via GTM.
Google Tag Manager (GTM)
• Configure eCommerce event tracking to send completed sale data through a data-layer to Analytics via GTM.
• Implement multiple tags including Analytics, Facebook Pixels, AdWords conversion codes, & more using GTM.
• Implement custom event tracking for user interactions like page-view funnels, on-site actions like clicking on a YouTube video, outbound link, or interacting with a specific part of a website.
• Creating custom triggers to fire tags based on outbound link clicks, video plays, and other on-site actions.
• Synchronize GTM & Analytics to create custom audiences from specific on-site event actions.
GroupeConnect – A Publicis Groupe Solution, Chicago, Illinois
Manager, Search Marketing, January 2018 – April 2018
• Develop & enhance keyword strategies for locally targeted, branch-specific AdWords & Bing search network campaigns.
• Evaluate tertiary ad network vendors for expansion of paid campaign reach. Collaborate with vendors to establish search volumes, estimated budget forecasts, and estimated conversion metrics.
• Collaborate with data & analytics teams to develop and present client reporting and presentations.
Eduvantis, LLC, Chicago, Illinois
Senior PPC Analyst, July 2016 – December 2017
• Provide oversight, guidance and strategic direction for Junior PPC & Paid Social Media specialists to create and manage successful campaigns.
• Lead a digital marketing team and manage the development and implementation of successful lead/inquiry generation PPC (AdWords Search & Display) and social media (LinkedIn & Facebook) marketing campaigns.
• Collaborate with higher education marketing teams to forecast inquiry/lead goals and design integrated marketing strategies to meet the forecasted goals.
• Manage work flow for PPC & Paid Social team, including deadlines for deliverables, and forecasting time estimates for new campaign/account builds.
• Create & present bi-weekly PPC & Paid Social Media reports as well as digital marketing strategies to client teams.
• Collaborate with client teams to establish attribution models and troubleshoot issues which arise with lead attribution and client CRM integration.
Eduvantis, LLC, Chicago, Illinois
PPC Analyst, February 2016 – July 2016
• Create & manage PPC programs on Google AdWords and Bing. Utilizing both the search network and Google’s display network.
• Create & manage display network campaigns using narrow remarketing lists and specific ad groups for custom managed placements.
• Utilize custom URL parameters to denote specific ad text, analyzing and reporting on data for multiple ad types, understanding which ad types lead to conversions for which search queries.
• Collaborate with clients to create landing pages for PPC campaigns using the Unbounce platform.
• A/B test landing page parameters, including calls-to-action, various content adjustments, and design adjustments to analyze which landing page converts highest for which search queries.
• Collaborate with client’s technical teams to create custom URL parameters to pass dynamic user data (keyword, device type) through ads into client CRM software.
• Collaborate with clients (higher education institutions) to understand which keyword search queries, ads, and landing page parameters lead to conversions, and which of those conversions complete the enrollment process.
Tribune Content Solutions, (Formerly 435 Digital | A Tribune Company), Chicago, Illinois
Paid Search Specialist, December 2014 – February 2016
Create and manage Google Adwords & Bing PPC accounts on a daily basis using Adwords Editor and Bing Ads Editor
• Build and maintain large-scale keywords lists and structure campaigns with many ad groups, including A/B tested ads within each group.
• Maintain and monitor keyword bids based on metrics like quality scores and impression share.
• Maintain bids and budgets to optimize campaigns to client budget constraints.
Create and monitor YouTube promoted campaigns, in YouTube display and search networks.
• Collaborate with clients to establish demographics that would appropriately satisfy expectations for branding and conversions using promoted YouTube posts.
Provide landing page updates including tracking pixels and dynamic call tracking coding
• Work with content development team to provide relevant keyword data and creative ad copy in order to optimize conversion-friendly landing pages.
• Place tracking pixels on client sites to track client specific key performance indicators.
Collaborate with clients to achieve and report on desired key performance indicators
• Participate in weekly/bi-weekly/monthly reporting calls in which client expectations and campaign goals are discussed.
• Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, and use of display network to attain client goals.
• Create custom reporting including goal metrics from Adwords, Analytics, Bing, and YouTube.
• Discuss key areas of importance in client goals, and work with clients to describe trends and various user behaviors that may impact their results.
• Work with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media teams to ensure a consistent marketing message across all channels and ensure collaborative success.
Digital Account Manager, June 2014 – December 2014
Ensured the success of several search engine optimization and pay-per-click marketing campaigns
• Collaborate with traffickers and sales managers to ensure the success and maintain the work scope of items sold and confirm verbiage provided in custom PPC and SEO campaigns.
Manage the productivity and success of several new web development campaigns
• Conduct client meetings to discuss site expectations and describe the various phases required for development.
Sargent and Lundy, L.L.C., Chicago, Illinois
HVAC Associate, February 2009 – June 2014
• Perform nuclear safety related and non-safety heat load, pressure loss, and equipment sizing calculations
• Issue nuclear safety related and non-safety equipment procurement specifications
• Design HVAC Process Diagrams using CAD software and internationally recognized standards.
• Discuss system safety and non-safety functionality with clients to incorporate system design changes.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, December 2008
• Minor: Mathematics
• Dean’s List, Fall 2007 and Spring 2008
Proficient in Adwords (certified), Analytics (certified), Bing Ads (certified), Google Tag Manager, Raven Tools, Screaming Frog, WordPress, HTML and CSS, Microsoft Office Suite, Bentley Programs, MatLab, MathCad, Pro-Engineer, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Abaqus FEA software, Testworks, DaqPro Software, SignalExpress, LabView, Trane Trace